It has been a while since I've posted a recipe. Actually, it has been a while since I've been able to bake. I have been trying to get used to the tiny oven in our tiny house. I think these Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies are worthy to post!
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup orange juice
4 eggs, room temperature is best
1 teaspoon vanilla or orange extract
1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup pecan (or almond) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*
2. Foil cookie sheets and grease with coconut oil
3. In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients
4. In a small bowl, stir together the flours and baking soda
5. Mix dry ingredients into the wet
6. Allow batter to sit for a few minutes, letting the coconut flour soak up the liquid
7. Drop cookies by tablespoon on the cookie sheets
8. Bake for 10- 15 minutes
9. Let cookies cool a bit before removing from pan
10. They taste even better when they have been refrigerated over night!
Since my oven is so small and doesn't radiate heat too well, I had to set the heat higher. You might want to try 325* first, depending on your oven.
It has been fun experimenting in the RV. I hope to add more RV recipes in the future!
Chocolate and orange are one of my favorite combinations! What's your favorite chocolate combo?