Thursday, April 4, 2013

What She Wore Wednesday- Maxi's

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to make sure I posted about our Easter celebration before I moved on to the fashion!

On Sunday, Hagen and I both wore maxi's. I'll start off with Hagen's...

 Hagen wore a green printed maxi dress, sequined shrug, brown flats and wooden bead necklace. I love how everything flows together!
 
This picture was taken outside of the cowboy church we visited on Sunday.
  
I really like this picture. It looks like she's a jungle princess! This is outside the Mexican Restaurant.

~What She Wore~
maxi dress- thrifted $5
green tank- thrifted $2
shrug- free from a friend
flats- free from a friend
necklace- from our late Grandma
hair flower- made by Layla 


 Now it's my turn...
I wore a maxi skirt, a deep purple tank, tan crocheted shrug and roman sandals. 

The maxi skirt is actually a funny story...
I was kinda stressing out about what I was going to wear for Easter, when Hagen dug out a maxi dress that neither of us have worn in a while. I was excited! When I went to try it on, I found that the zipper was stuck, and refused to budge. We all took turns yanking and prying on it, but that just made it worse! So, I resolved to turn it into a skirt.

I pulled out the sewing machine, and went through my mental checklist:
thread- check
bobbin thread- check
foot pedal- check
iron- check 
elastic- check
pins- wait, where are the pins?

We searched and searched, but alas, no pins! I had to improvise. I ironed my seam down well, and used a few bobby pins to secure the fabric. It was a simple alteration, once I was able to do it. All in all, I was pleased with how it turned out!   


~What I Wore~
maxi skirt from a dress- thrifted $5
tank- Target $2.50
shrug- free from friend
sandals- Walmart $10
lace headband- made by me

I hope you enjoyed this post. I am happy to be doing another What She Wore, it has been too long! And one more quick picture of us...


Praying that you are having a good week!
Blessings,
Layla <3


6 comments:

  1. Those are both really cute! Glad you had a good time:)

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! You are a beauty yourself!
      <3 Layla

      Delete
  3. I love the outfits Layla and Hagen, very cute and creative! So glad y'all had a good Easter! Oh and I've been meaning to say, Hagen, I love your new smile! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! I love both of them!! love how you did your hair, Layla! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last picture- you two young ladies are so beautiful!
    RC

    ReplyDelete