Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Recipe~ Honey Cheesecake

Another recipe on a Wednesday... maybe I should call this 'What She Ate Wednesday'!

Now this was a first for me. I love cheesecake, but for some reason I have always been a bit intimidated by making one from scratch. Let's just say there are rational and irrational fears. This one was certainly irrational! So, I faced my fear, and this was the result...


-What you need-

 For the crust
1 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup pecan (or almond) flour
4 Tbls butter, melted
1 Tbls honey  

For the filling
8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup honey
4 eggs

 -What to do-
1. Heat your oven (or toaster oven) to 350*
2. Put the oats in a blender or food processor, and blend for a few minutes.
3. Pour the blended oats, pecan flour, butter and honey into a 9 inch pan. Mix together, and press into the bottom and sides of the pan. 
4. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
5. While crust is baking, cream together the cream cheese and ricotta in a large mixing bowl.
6. Beat in the honey and eggs, one at a time.
7. Pour mixture into the pre-baked crust.
8. Bake for 30- 45 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs.
9. Cake is done when the middle is firm to the touch.
10. Let cake cool in the fridge for at least 5 hours, but over night is better.



 Easy-peasy, huh? It was so delicious! I love the texture that the ricotta added, and the oat/pecan crust almost tasted like a graham cracker crust. What's even better is that I didn't have to use any sugar! I can confidently say that I am over this irrational fear!

 I was short on fruit for topping, so I served mine with homemade lime jello. If you try this recipe, I would love to hear what kind of topping you made!

Keep calm and Bake on!
Blessings,
Layla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment