Sunday, July 27, 2014

15 years...

15 years ago, my first little sister was born. Although I was not the best big sister starting off, I soon learned that Hagen was special. She was soft-spoken when I was loud. She was compassionate when I was unruly. And she has become my best friend. Today, she inspires me to be more Christ-like, more kind and loving. Although I am a hard worker, she has inspired me to work harder at putting others needs first. Because that's what she does...




Hagen requested Strawberry Lemonade cupcakes, so I did my best at making them gluten-free. Apparently they were good, because 2 dozen cupcakes were gone by the end of the day. Recipe coming soon!


For her birthday dinner, Mom whipped up a dish of Hamburger Pie, which has delicious layers of meat, green beans, sauce, cheese, topped with mashed potatoes and baked to perfection. I'm guessing you'll want that recipe too, right?


We all made Hagen gifts, from artwork, to jewelry, to paint-stirrer crosses ;).


Hagen is a very special part of our family, and I couldn't imagine my life without her!
Happy Birthday, Sister!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hagen! You look lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hagen!
    May god bless you much in this next year :)
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind and sweet words to say about your sister! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete