Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sourdough Bread {no knead, one rise}

Everyone calls me the "Sourdough Lady."
They like the food I make with sourdough. Particularly bread.
So I thought I might share with you my recipe. But I also have a friend who has been waiting for it.... for a while. Sorry. 

The best thing about this bread is that you don't have to spend countless minutes kneading it and making your arms feel like jello. Nor do you have to let it rise several times. You just mix it up the night before and bake it in the morning. 
Easy Peasey.
Sourdough Bread Recipe {no knead, one rise}
Makes two loaves.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 c. buttermilk, milk, or whey
2 c. sourdough starter
4-5 c. wheat flour
2 tsp. salt

  1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add in sourdough and salt.
  2. Pour in flour, a little at time. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed in. I like to kinda, "fold" in the flour. Dough will be pretty liquid-y compared to usual bread dough consistencies.  
  3.  Transfer the dough equally to two, glass, oiled bread pans. Do not use metal! It never works, the bread just sticks to it and makes a big crumby mess.
  4.  Leave the pans in your oven over-night. I like to leave my oven light on. It gives off a little warmth, allowing the dough to rise more.
  5. In the morning, bake your bread at *350 for about 30 to 40 mins. or until brown and hollow sounding.
  6. Enjoy! with a slab of butter and a warm cup of tea or melted cheese and a tall glass of milk or... there are so many possibilities. Far too many to list. It can be used for anything, really.
           Eat fresh or store in a bread bag on the counter.
 I really just love how easy this is! And really, the possibilities are endless.
                             You could add cinnamon and raisins...
                                             Apples and nutmeg....
       You can make croutons when it gets stale....
Just play with it! Have fun!
I hope you liked this post. I'd love to hear what you've been baking!
 Now get going and make some bread!
Love,
Hagen  

No comments:

Post a Comment